Pro tips from your photographer to get you through your Wedding Day
This week we are sharing top tips from a local photographer - Nadine Kemp Photography.
As written by Nadine Kemp.
I am not just a photographer. I am a creative. I create, capture and document real emotion; powerful emotions. I chase light. I am a romantic. I love LOVE.
I adore weddings and I am honoured each time a couple chooses me to photograph their wedding story.
I thought I'd share some of my hot tips for planning YOUR wedding (PS - There are a few, grab a cuppa and have a read xx).
- It is all about the TWO of you! Your wedding day isn’t about pleasing your guests and making sure they’re all accommodated. Just remember that your big day is about the two of you and your unity and your commitment to each other.
- Don’t Stress! You’ve already made the decisions and planned all of the details, now is the time to enjoy the day and watch your visions come to life!
- Remember that you’ve hand picked your vendors and are happy with your choices, so trust that they’ll exceed your expectations.
- Avoid Looking at the Camera (Unless your photographer asks you to); you never know, maybe that little spontaneous moment or sneaky kiss will be your most treasured memory!
Have you ever wondered why you don’t see actors looking directly into the camera in the movies? One of the reasons is to give the impression that the camera is “invisible.” So, watching a movie is like seeing all the action without being noticed. Not looking to the photographer will yield more natural-looking pictures.
- Have a restful night sleep! Get to bed at a decent hour the night before so you can feel and look your best. For this reason it’s wise to plan hens and bux parties at least a week ahead of time.
- Leave plenty of time to get ready. You want to be able to relax and have a good time with your bridesmaids, not stress over whether you’ll finish in time. Speak to your photographer in regards to implementing a timeline schedule.
- Wear a button up shirt while getting your hair and make up done Dress shirts, can be unbuttoned without doing any damage to your beautifully styled hair and make up. Matching robes or cute pj's are also a lovely photo opportunity and great bridesmaids gift!
- Don’t forget to eat. Depending on your itinerary for the day, you’ll be busy getting ready doing your hair and make up, or speaking to guests, or even filming with your videographers. You’ll need to make sure you set times to eat a meal or enjoy a grazing platter! Too much wine on an empty tummy - doesn’t generally end well!
- Put your phone AWAY! Nothing is happening that’s more important than your wedding, OKAY! Enjoy the moment!
- Portraits. If you are having portraits beforehand, try and make sure you have an area free from clutter and mess.
- Smile, Cry and Emote more. The moment you’ve always dreamt of has finally arrived and you may be really anxious. Sometimes it’s good to take a deep breath and relax. Many brides spend the whole time at their ceremony with a serious expression. You want beautiful photos, don’t you? You want to look gorgeous, don’t you? It’s simple. Simply smile more, emote more and if something makes you cry, then cry, if it is funny, laugh your hardest! Let go of all the stress and feel it all, stay out of your head and don’t over think Smile while you’re walking down the aisle if you're happy. Relax, enjoy the day and really try to embrace every moment. BUT keep it real, no fake smiles, don't stop the tears, just go with it. FEEL IT!
- Show Off Your Love. Do you want to know one thing that EVERY wedding photographer likes? We love when couples interact with each other. What instantly makes a wedding picture more appealing are couples that look at each other, that smile at each other and show off their feelings and love. OH! And stay together during the reception! Spend time visiting friends and family together, eat together, and of course, dance with each other!
-Avoid Boooooooooring Family and Group shots. These have the potential to be the most boring pictures ever. How about we make them fun and try to create uncommon pictures? The intention is to think outside the box and get more enjoyable photos in addition to the simple “stand in a line” shot. Style it, Prop it, Game it, Hobby it, Personalise it. OH! AND make sure you have a list so no one gets left out!
- If you want a pumping dance floor – make sure you are out there and dance! Guaranteed your guests will follow your lead!
- Give a THANK YOU speech with your spouse. It’ll feel good to thank your parents, grandparents, and guests (especially those who travelled great distances) for making such a momentous occasion in your life possible. Don’t forget your vendors too!
- Have Fun. Forget about minor problems or insignificant details. Enjoy each moment of your day. So, laugh a lot, make funny expressions, be playful and LOVE your new spouse! Even if the two of you need a glass or two of champagne. Don’t forget, it’s a day to be happy, feel loved and to celebrate your love and commitment.
If you want more than "just a picture", if you are as passionate as I am about love and commitment, if you'd like to receive my wedding guide full of information, I'd love to hear from you!
NADINE KEMP PHOTOGRAPHY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER Mackay + The Whitsundays W: www.nadinekemp.com E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 0422392733